One of the most common treatments that we provide at Royal Palm Chiropractic & Wellness is that of chronic neck, shoulder, and upper back pain. The reason that most people complain of is due to poor telephone techniques. We are going to show you some tips for proper techniques. Using the proper techniques and equipment is key in preventing these problems from developing.
- Phone Location – The telephone should be located close to the main working area such that it is easily reached without having to twist, bend or overly stretch.
- Shoulder Rests – For individuals who like to have their hands free when on the telephone we highly recommend not using a shoulder rest extension on your receiver. This still requires you to cock your head in order to keep the receiver next to the ear. This position places stress on the supporting structures of the neck and can throw the neck out of alignment. Rather, purchase a headset device. They have become plentiful and fairly inexpensive.
- Speaker Phone – Using a speaker phone allows for maximum flexibility to work while talking. However, for some this may not be appropriate such as during times that clarity, volume and professionalism are required. If this is the case, look into purchasing a headset.
- Headsets – Headsets are the most versatile telephone utility. They enable you to work uninhibited while on the telephone and keep your body in an ergonomically safe position.
- Writing Materials – Be sure to keep a pen and pad of paper near your telephone so messages can be immediately taken without changing position or straining to grab the appropriate materials.
We hope the following information about proper telephone techniques is helpful. These techniques will help your neck and posture. At Royal Chiropractic Chiropractic and Wellness as we do our best to provide a top-notch and quality chiropractic service for neck problems as well as so much more. Our friendly and knowledgeable office can figure out your spinal issue, and why your back or neck hurts and help you find a fix ASAP.
Please take this information about these myths and share it with others. Thank you for visiting the site. If you need chiropractic care, help with spinal decompression, looking for hyperbaric oxygen therapy, or interventional pain management contact us at one of our several South Florida offices.